Department of Physics
About the Department
Department of Physics came into existence in the year 1964 with the introduction of a UG course. Right from its beginning the department had a team of dedicated teachers, with a great vision of empowering the women by equipping them with scientific knowledge and enhanced self confidence to face the challenges of the modern world.
The department has well equipped UG and PG laboratories, library and internet facility. Over the years, the students of Physics are being offered quality education with special care extended to the academically weak and socio-economically backward sections of the society. Many a times the department has been honoured with university ranks.
Betterment of society through women empowerment by imparting scientific knowledge, self confidence and a sense of social commitment.
The aim of the post graduate department is to guide our students in procuring a deep knowledge in the field and to enable, empower and inspire them in fulfilling their aspirations to the best of their ability.
To achieve academic excellence.
To develop research aptitude among students.
To impart a sense of social commitment.
To improve career prospects.
To enhance self confidence and emotional stability of the students to cop up with the highly competitive world.
The department is actively involved in experimental research in the field of Semiconductor Physics and Photovoltaics. Many research projects funded by agencies like UGC, BRNS-DAE, KSCSTE,etc has been taken up by the department. A laboratory has been set up for research purpose and is in the process of accreditation as Research Centre. The lab is facilitated with the following equipments.
1. B.Sc. Physics with Mathematics & Chemistry as Complimentary Courses & Non Conventional energy sources as Open course.
2. M.Sc. Physics with Experimental Techniques, Laser and Fibre Optics & Physics of Semiconductors as Electives.
Ms. Mariyama John,
Head of the Department,
- Ms. Mariyama John, Associate Professor
- Dr. M. Lakshmi, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Sr. Jessy Mathew N., Assistant Professor
- Ms. Anu Kuruvilla, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Anlin Lazar K., Assistant Professor
- Ms. Melda Francis, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Regina Jose, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Smiya John, Assistant Professor