Department of Computer Applications
About the Department
“B.C.A. is a professional degree course to start a career in Information Technology.”
Department of Computer Applications was established in the year 2014 by the then honorable Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Oommen Chandy. Our Department aims to expose students to the current trends in Information Technology, equipping them, both in hardware and software. Our curriculum (prescribed by the Board of Studies and approved by the University of Calicut) is framed in such a way that Core courses give a broad base in the main field of study in the academic program concerned Allied courses improve their logical reasoning and problem-solving capability Laboratory, Project, Assignments, Panel Discussion and seminar courses improve their knowledge application capability in solving real-time problems. The students learn from qualified and experienced Faculty from different areas of expertise, in excellent infrastructural facilities such as Computer Labs, high speed internet connectivity, an updated library. A lot of practical training on various languages is provided to students of Bachelor of Computer Applications to make them more efficient in their career. Apart from their regular activities, students can participate in NCC, Chavara Dharsan Programme, CSS and other extension activities. Students are mentored by the Staff members throughout their course of study. Students can also actively participate in inter and intra Collegiate events.
Producing quality graduates trained in the latest tools and technologies both in software and hardware products and services. To achieve academic excellence in Computer Applications by imparting in depth knowledge to the students, facilitating research activities and cater to the ever changing industrial demands and societal needs.
1. To provide quality graduate education to the students through state of the art education in Computer Application.
2. To provide a learning environment that helps students to enhance problem solving skills, be successful in their professional lives and to prepare students to be lifelong learners by offering a solid theoretical foundation in computing along with applied computing experiences and educating them about their professional, and ethical responsibilities.
3. To establish Industry – Institute Interaction to make students ready for the industrial environment.
4. To provide exposure to students to the latest tools and technologies in the area of computer hardware and software.
5. To promote research based projects/activities in the emerging areas of technology convergence.
Panel Discussion, Seminars, Debates, Quiz Competitions, Technical Fests
PowerPoint Presentation Competitions
Monthly Wall Magazine “TECHNO WIZARD”
Value Education Classes
Orphanages & Old age home visits
Computer Training for economically backward people
Add on Courses
The Computer Applications Department has Computer Lab with 26 Computers with internet facility, printer and an LCD Projector. There is a library with around 50 reference books. The students are given free Internet access and the Department has also entered into a Microsoft Campus Agreement which provides licensed software.
Sr. Jainy Jacob M.(Sr. Jain Maria CMC)
Head of the Dept. of Computer Applications
Mercy Convent, Palakkad
: 0491 2541149.