- Vision & Mission
- Departmental Activities
- Courses Offered
- Contact information
The Department of Commerce with Computer Applications started in the year 1998 as an unaided course. Later it was recognized as an aided course from January 2011.M.com Finance(self finance) started in the year 2013 and B.com Finance(self finance) started in the year 2015.
The Department started the Commerce Association from the year 1999-2000. The department conducts courses such as Diploma in GST, Diploma in Tally,Foundation Program in Banking And Financial Services for the students. The Department has a well equipped computer lab for upgrading the students.
At present, Commerce Department is one of the prestigious Department of Mercy College. Students of our Department are fully fledged in curricular, co-curricular and other extension activities. We carry out Seminars(National and Regional),Management Fest,Exhibitions,Debates and Industrial Visits to equip our students to face the challenges in the highly competitive and technologically advanced business scenario.
A Wall Magazine “Commercia” is released every month. Also visit to various commercial centers like industries, stock exchanges, banks etc are carried out for enhancing practical knowledge among the students.
Regular visit to orphanages and old age homes are maintained in order to develop social attitude in the minds of students.
A team of highly qualified, dedicated and experienced staff members maintains a healthy staff-student relationship and plays a vital role in guiding and shaping students to suit the global market.
Students Secured Ranks for UG and PG in university examinations
- Vocational training centers are to be set up for the future development.
- Planned to upgrade as Research centre
- Formation of Marketing club.
- Initiate social outreach programme
- Activating Entrepreneurship Development.
- Conduct National Seminars/Management Fest/Workshop
- To become a Department of Excellence.
- To provide value based education to our students.
- To make the students competent to face the challenges in the present business scenario.
- Focusing the students towards professionally skilled jobs.
- Empowerment of women through education.
- To make them efficient to handle variety of jobs.
- To make them to give valuable service to the society.
- Seminars, Debates, Quiz Competitions
- PowerPoint Presentation Competitions
- Monthly Wall Magazine”COMMERCIA”
- Industrial Visits
- Entrepreneurial Development Club Activities
- Management Fest and Food Fest
- Product Launch Competition
- Merit Day – Cash Awards and Trophy to Toppers in university exam
A well equipped library with around 1000 reference books
The Department offers B.Com. with Computer Applications(aided)
B.Com with Finance (Self Financing – 60 Seats)
M.Com.(Self Financing – 15 Seats)
Diploma in GST
Diploma in Tally
Foundation Programme in Banking and Financial Services
Ms. Ramya John
Head of the Department
- Ms. Ramya John, Assistant Professor
- Ms. Jency Baby, Assistant Professor
- N.M. Louly (Sr. Merin), Assistant Professor
- Jainy Jacob (Sr. Jain Maria), Assistant Professor
- Ms. Lincy N. L., Guest Lecturer
- Ms. Shafeela N, Guest Lecturer
- Ms. Remya C., Guest Lecturer
- Ms.Gopika S S, Guest Lecturer
- Ms.S Aishwarya ,Guest Lecturer
- Ms.Jimcy C S , Guest Lecturer